94 lives were changed across Chicago and San Diego this summer as we completed our 2017 summer program. As always, we were so impressed with the courage, dedication and honesty that our participants displayed during this process. All members of the Hands of Peace family walked away knowing that, while they may be from different countries, cultures, or religions, we are still humans. Armed with that knowledge they are ready to go out into the world and create peace.
Some highlights from this summer’s program included:
– High Ropes Course/Rock Wall
– Social Activism with Hunger Van
– Multiple writing workshops to help the participants learn how to express their feelings in words
– Visits to Mosques, Synagogues and Churches
– Special Interest Groups including photography, writing, basketball, and music
and of course, hours and hours of dialogue sessions that not only addressed the cultural differences but also helped the participants realize they have the ability to make a change. Through the power of dialogue, Palestinians, Israelis and Americans partnered to achieve peace, equality, freedom and justice. Hands of Peace believes the future depends on the leadership of the next generation, and that begins during our summer programs, and continues throughout the year with our Alumni activities, leadership programs, and continuing education.