We are excited that you are planning to apply for the Hands of Peace Summer Program, which will take place July 11-30, 2018. Applicants will be placed at one of our two sites: in either the suburbs of Chicago, Illinois or of San Diego, California, USA.
As a participant of Hands of Peace, you would be the guest of a local family. The families are thoroughly screened, and you would be carefully matched with them in order to provide the best experience possible. The Hands of Peace Summer Program includes facilitated dialogue sessions about the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, attending different religious services, trying new foods, shopping, participating in team-building activities, sports, and seeing the sights of beautiful Chicago or San Diego!
requirements of attending the program:
- Basic proficiency in English
- Passport valid through at least January 2018. (If you do not have one, you will need to obtain one after acceptance. The program will not cover any expenses associated with obtaining a passport or the visa. We will assist you in obtaining your visa for travel to the United States.)
- Parental permission as indicated by signing a program waiver form, which is collected at the pre-program orientation in May or June.
- Travel with the HOP delegation according to the arrangements made for the group. All successful candidates will be available for the entire Summer Program.
- Participation in Alumni Club activities throughout the year following the Summer Program.
The cost to participate in Hands of Peace is $900 (this fee includes airfare). A non-refundable payment of $400 is due immediately if accepted, with the remainder program fee due at the May/June Orientation. This fee may be reduced in the case of financial need, and we strongly encourage applications from individuals from low-income families. Requests for financial assistance should be sent to email@example.com at the time of acceptance into the program.
Application deadline is Sunday, February 11, 2018 at midnight PST. You may be contacted for an interview within the next several months by a staff member. Final selection of applicants will be determined no later than March 15, 2018. Please click on the link below to fill out the application. Please save a copy of your completed application and your essay on your own computer in case there is a problem with the online submission. You will receive an automatic confirmation email after your application is submitted. Please make sure you enter your correct email address and the correct email address of your parents. If you do not receive a confirmation email within 24 hours, please contact Jewish Israeli Regional Manager Amit Caraco at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for your interest in Hands of Peace!